Sunday, December 26, 2010

Introduction

10/12/26


I've been in the security field for a few months now, but been doing security-related volunteering with the local police department for the past two years so I'm pretty experienced. It seems that way anyways. I'm currently twenty-one, worked event security but now I got hired as a security officer at a small shopping centre. This "mall" (I wouldn't even call it that) is near my house, in this small...rather boring community.

Why did I chose this line of work? Quite frankly, too many stupid people need to be looked after. I'm not saying individually, but slap them all together and you will have a problem. That's how our society is these days. People packed and packed into cities. I chose this line of work because I realized what the world was really like--and that it doesn't revolve around us. We adapt to it. Protecting people and someone's property will at least give me the satisfaction that I'm actually doing something.

Where will I end up? Who knows? Maybe I'll leave and pursue my dream being a paramedic (I'm a certified emergency medical responder, one of the paramedic levels here in Canada) and I'll be going around giving people a second chance at life. Or maybe I'll become a law enforcement officer, keeping people in check so chaos doesn't reign. We shall see. For now, this will do.

This blog is purely how I observe life thanks to the shit I run into as a rent-a-cop.


-HappyMallCop

No comments:

Post a Comment